View Single Post
#23: 10-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Blizzard
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: Stage 2+ 2010 LGT
Send a private message to Blizzard Find all posts by Blizzard Reply With Quote
Last week on my way to work one day all of a sudden it sounded like someone was blowing a gym whistle under my hood of the car under boost. As I expected the intercooler to throttle body coupler had blown off like everyone elses cobb tuned cars. So I pulled the intercooler after work and removed the coupler.

The GTSpec Rear Strut Brace arrived yesterday.

Decided to install it this afternoon after work. I had emailed GTSpec last week and asked if the bar still fit with the carpet just like stock and they said yes.

Turns out it doesn't fit as nice as I had expected and the install was kind of a PITA. The way the bar was designed it sits higher than it probably should and therefore the stock carpet section cannot lay flat as it does stock. It creates a hump in the front end of the trunk which is rather annoying.

Came wrapped with arrows that show which way to install.

Whole bar

End

Carpet out.

This harbor freight plastic interior tool was a huge help

Lined up on the strut tower

It started to get dark so I'll get photos of how the bar affects the trunk carpeting tomorrow or something.

Also my Polarg bulbs for the OEM foglights came. They are made in Japan and you can tell they are higher quality bulbs unlike a lot of the stuff out there. I'm sure people are going to ask why I didn't go with a cheap HID kit and the answer is simple, I don't feel like dealing with all the extra wires and mounting ballasts down there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blizzard For This Useful Post:
CL21376 (10-05-2011)