View Single Post
#777: 10-04-2011, 07:15 AM

Subadozer
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: '05 GRP OBXT wagon 5EAT; BNR 16g, STi UP
Send a private message to Subadozer Find all posts by Subadozer Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supers587 View Post
You won't believe this shit. I just bought an LGT today, registered and insured it and got it road-worthy. The previous owner went through two turbos, and then sold it to me out of frustration. I got another vf40, installed it and didn't even make it home before it blew. I'm beyond angry right now.. a bit of rage I suppose.

Is it possible that the screens are so clogged it blew the THIRD TURBO in a matter of 20 miles?
Certainly sounds like a possibility. Oil contamination (tiny bits of stuff) from previous turbo failure might be another contributing possibility. However if that's the case I'd think most of that would be caught by the filter, if it's there. If it's not then maybe it should have been. I'd want a thorough diagnosis before driving on another new turbo and would expect that to be your attitude as well. Once you know the cause and get it cleared up you might want to consider a BNR bolt-up turbo upgrade.