View Single Post
#14: 09-23-2011, 10:31 AM

ClimberD@HexMods
Title: 5EAT Performance Vendor
Car: 05 LGT 5EAT
Send a private message to ClimberD@HexMods Find all posts by ClimberD@HexMods Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieutenantcolumbo View Post
Just throwing this out there, but the IPT Rebuild Kit is $829 so potential buyers would have to be educated as to the benefits of your product vs. theirs.

We already know your valve body modification is in a totally different league than IPT's, so I am confident your rebuild kit will be another huge bargain as well.
Good idea.
Their rebuild kit is like any other rebuild kit, except has more layers, and costs quite a lot. You would need to open up the clutch pack drums and make sure your tolerances are spot on. You would also need a lathe to precisely machine your drum pistons, if I'm reading theirs right.
What I'm proposing here is totally different, that you don't need a feeler gauge or a lathe or to pack your own drums. You literally open up the front of the transmission, pull out the old drums, place in the new drums, and done. Race build without a race shop to build it for you. There's more to it that that, but so far just testing the waters.

Radically improve 05-07 5EAT shifting and power limits with the
HexMods F1 Valve Body
service! Read More