Thread: ER HC code
View Single Post
#24: 09-13-2011, 06:10 AM

csbrown28
Title: Senior Member
Car: 06 LGT Sedan 5EAT
Send a private message to csbrown28 Find all posts by csbrown28 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finja View Post
Just got this deal on my way into work this morning. ER HC with solid CEL and flashing Cruise Control. I also noticed jerky acceleration under light throttle that went away when I punched it. Haven't been in it long enough to notice any kind of mileage change.

LEGGTNUT/CSBROWN28: were you able to find out exactly what happened and what ended up being the resolution?
I took mine to the dealer 24hrs later and they said that a drop in voltage can cause the problem, but since the CEL was gone by the time I got it to the dealer I can't be sure if they are right. It hasn't come back and its been several months. The jerky acceleration had nothing to do with it. Same for the mileage. That was dirty fuel injectors.

I read something about some kinda wiring under the driver seat if memory serves. The "HC" in the code has to do with the communications system (wiring). That's all (I think) I know.
Give us an update if you learn anything.

EDIT: I should mention that my 06 has as relatively low miles (48k). It's never been raced or abused and is in mint condition and is 100% OEM (still has original tires...lol)

Last edited by csbrown28; 09-13-2011 at 06:16 AM..