View Single Post
#1: 08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
RCE Blacks on 3.6R

dynamic_3.6
Title: Member
Car: 2010 3.6R premium steel silver
Send a private message to dynamic_3.6 Find all posts by dynamic_3.6 Reply With Quote
I installed my RCE springs about 2 weeks ago and my early impressions are that handling is greatly improved over stock with body roll being significantly reduced and cornering being much more responsive.

BNIB

Fronts - stock & RCE

Rears - stock & RCE

Front - stock height

Rear - stock height

However, the drop is not level. There is a noticeable rake. The front sits about 1/2" - 3/4" lower than the rear. My fiancee, who has little to no car knowledge, noticed it right away.

Front - RCE springs installed (sorry for the blurry pic, I'll try to get a better one posted. Its showing ~1 3/8")

Rear - RCE springs installed

Front - RCE springs installed

Rear - RCE springs installed

RCE springs installed

I'm conflicted as to whether I want to keep these and live with the rake or go back to stock and maybe save up for coilovers (which I'm not sure I would do since I need to retain good winter/snow driveability). The result I got isn't what I was expecting as far as aesthetics are concerned but the handling is better and should only improve with sway bars. Is there anything that can be done to level out the drop (maybe put in shims or replace the shocks)? What does everyone think?

Last edited by dynamic_3.6; 08-30-2011 at 09:49 AM..
Sponsored links