I apologize that some of the pictures are fuzzy. I didn't realize at the time that humidity was fogging up the lens.
Overall, the installation was pretty straight-forward, once I figured out that I'd need to amend GrimmSpeed's installation guide to match the Legacy's different FPR mounting setup. You could probably do this in about and hour and a half, but would allow at least 2 hours just to be on the safe side.
I used 1/4" drive bits, it just made it a lot easier getting into the tight confines, without having to resort to a 3/8" setup with knuckle joints to make the turns. The 1/4" drive really worked well. I tightened everything down really well and will go back later and re-torque everything again.
From a test-drive perspective, I knew immediately as soon as I put my foot on the brake pedal, to start the car, that things had "tightened-up" in the pedal. I did a couple of miles at highway speeds and several stretches of city streets, the change is remarkable - braking onset is more stable and predictable. I've not gone to SS brake lines yet, but IMO, this likely got the braking action to what one would expect with SS lines.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -
Last edited by SBT; 08-28-2011 at 12:36 AM..