Prep 1 – Gather your tools.
As a minimum you will need:
Also helpful but not really necessary
- 15mm open-end wrench
- 5mm Allen wrench
- 1/4” or 3/8” drive ratchet - 3/8", then you'll also need a 3/8" knuckle joint
- 10mm socket (deep well works best)
- 10mm offset box-end wrench
- Work light
- Protective latex or nytril gloves – a lot of scrape points and the additional “grip” is definitely helpful. Heavy mechanics gloves will not fit into these tight spaces
- Magnetic pickup with extension - this was a real time-saver and in one case meant the difference between locating a dropped bolt inside the cross-member, or stopping the install to buy another bolt
- Magnetic catch pan - handy for holding everything
- A good microfiber towel to put between the top of the strut tower and the fuel pressure regulator setup to keep from scratching the paint - you'll want to put something between the car and the FPR setup
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -
Last edited by SBT; 08-28-2011 at 12:44 AM..