View Single Post
#1: 08-25-2011, 04:13 PM
TurboXS Midpipe/Y-Pipe Development!

BAC5.2
Title: OTM Dir. of Engineering
Car: Rental cars
Send a private message to BAC5.2 Find all posts by BAC5.2 Reply With Quote
For the past few months, I've been working with TurboXS on developing what I consider to be the "right" exhaust.

Our first prototype showed up, and we did several test-fits. The first with my current TurboXS downpipe, then with my stock downpipe, and then with the new TurboXS downpipe. Each fitment was spot on. Everything nicely tucked up under the car, no low spots, no touching heat shields, no rubbing axles.

The pipe I have now, is a plain pipe. No flex section or resonator. For full-scale production, this is subject to change.

The pipe, as are all TurboXS exhaust pieces, is made from real T304 steel tubing that's CNC mandrel bent and hand welded. The flanges are MASSIVE, and machined from 304 as well. No thin gauge, crappy "stainless" here. The pipes are hand polished to a mirror finish. After use, the pipes go from their bright polished finish to a deep, shiny gold. It looks awesome.

The midpipe is 3" diameter, with a 3" flat flange. The y-pipe junction is hand formed, with 2.5" y-pipes. The mid/y-pipe bolts to stock mufflers, and is, finally, available independent of mufflers.

Pricing details are TBD, but I expect it to be very reasonably priced.

Mufflers are currently being designed, and should be out soon. The whole kit is designed for the LGT and OBXT, and is available as a full Turbo-back, just the mid-y, just the mufflers, or any combination of the three components!

And the reason you clicked on this thread, pics:

What do you think?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BAC5.2 For This Useful Post:
boxkita (12-13-2011), Naylor (12-22-2011), TRSCobra (08-25-2011)
Sponsored links