View Single Post
#2: 07-23-2011, 04:36 PM

jblackwell1
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2005 Legacy GT
Send a private message to jblackwell1 Find all posts by jblackwell1 Reply With Quote
Step Nine:
NOTE: DO NOT FULLY TIGHTEN ANY CLAMPS UNTIL PIPING IS COMPLETELY RUN
Grab the two Uish shaped pipes and they are going to be the first pipes on either side of your intercooler. A quick test fit will clearly show which goes where on the first pipe for each side. Make sure to place clamps very loosely on couplers before connecting everything. Also to make it easier on yourself make sure that the coupler is pushed as far as it can go onto the I-C and the pipes are pushed in as well. If not you will be too wide and hit the fog light casings.
Clamps have a 10mm nut and will need a wrench or deep socket to tighten.

Step Ten:
From here the actual pipes that are used may differ from my set up because of turbo, intake manifold or other modifications.
Be sure you have all couplers and clamps you need and begin to piece together the rest of your intercooler piping. Upon having your completed routing of pipe begin at the intercooler and tighten all clamps down using a 10mm deep socket or wrench. Some connections may require a flat head screw driver. Be sure to properly tighten all clamps to avoid leaks.

Step Eleven:
Attach your stock or aftermarket BPV/BOV.
Make sure you have the appropriate gasket, which should be replaced in most cases. Reattach, I used my own hardware here, and make sure all hoses are reconnected and tightened down to prevent leaks.

Insert picture here

Step Twelve:
Now that the engine bay and full FMIC and piping is complete and tightened we need to tackle trimming the front bumper to fit. You will be removing more than you think needs to be removed. From the center of the center brace of the bumper you will cut 14 inches in each direction. And will end up with ~3 inches of depth in the bumper after trimming surrounding the I/C and tapering down from the center. I recommend you use painters tape to test fit where the FMIC lines up on your particular application. Here are some pictures of the trimmed bumper and final fitment.

Step Thirteen:
Reattach bumper using any and all screws, clips, and bolts required. Some places will no longer be able to be used so be sure to use as many mounting points as possible. Double check all of your work, if you want to make a leak tester for the piping as seen here.

Any questions or issues please let me know so i can modify or clarify.

Last edited by jblackwell1; 02-16-2012 at 09:10 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jblackwell1 For This Useful Post:
kongzilla (03-21-2012), Ohitsspencer (02-18-2012)