View Single Post
#8: 07-17-2011, 03:50 AM

underground000
Title: Bus Wanker!
Car: 08 LGT
Send a private message to underground000 Find all posts by underground000 Reply With Quote
Cant take a pic since my car is at my friends place and staying there for over a week

What I used was a screen protector that uses solution to apply. Like this brand. These are more flexible and stickier then the screen protectors from the store. I placed this (using the solution) on the black dots above the rear view mirror. Then used the supplied suction cups with the radar detector for mounting (Note let the screen protector dry for 24hrs). This has been holding my Valentine1 for over a year without any problems at all. Still holding strong

My Valentine1 is not visible from the outside and the 'sensor' is just below the blue tint line (so no interference). If you have a oem navi or in dash navi, it may set off the laser warning on the detector. So I placed my business card between the radar detector and rear mirror. Fixed the warning and is still holding

Im Happy with the result, and most people will not notice it unless they look for it. I have a remote display too so that helps with the lights not showing the the detector

Easy removal too if do get pulled over. Remove the radar detector and move the wire to the driver's side and put down the visor (or tuck the wire)

Note: if you go this route choose a phone with a large screen, the screen protector will be larger

edit: I have used packaging tape and that did not stick well enough to the dots. And mounting it either to the left/right of the dots, the visor came into contact with the detector making the visor useless

Last edited by underground000; 07-17-2011 at 04:04 AM..