View Single Post
#1: 07-16-2011, 12:46 AM
JB's Teardown and Rebuild

jblackwell1
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2005 Legacy GT
Send a private message to jblackwell1 Find all posts by jblackwell1 Reply With Quote
A little background about the car and myself.
Car: I bought the car on 7/9/2011, the motor blew up on the way home from virginia to indiana on 7/10/2011. Needless to say i was pissed, depressed and didnt know what i was gonna do. Couple days passed and i got my head on straight took it to a local dealership with a price quote at $10,200 to replace turbo, shortblock and other stuff. The car is a Red 2005 Legacy GT with 58k miles manual transmission.

Me: Im new to subarus and turbos but not to cars. I have a pretty decent background on working on cars and modifying them (suspension, exhaust, audio, brakes,etc)

Plan:
350 whp
Minor cosmetic mods
Coilovers
and much more.

With thhe help of brum tonite we got the a good chunk of the hard part done, damn tubing is a pita. im hoping to have the motor out sometime this weekend or next week and have it looked at to see what all im going to have to replace or if i just basically have to start new. At the end of this im gona make a picture walkthrough of pulling our engines and putting them back in since i didnt find one in a quick search. Enough talk heres some pictures.

Only mods now is autospeed cat back.

time to get this motor out

how we left it for tonite.

More to come.

Last edited by jblackwell1; 07-16-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Sponsored links