View Single Post
#42: 07-16-2011, 12:18 AM

ChasWG
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 2011 3.6R Limited
Send a private message to ChasWG Find all posts by ChasWG Reply With Quote
You know, you are the first to ask that question Corpse. And I never talked about anything but the actual rings themself.

The kit comes with a wiring harness, control box that is part of the harness, a IR eye that is also wired into the harness and box and a remote control. The remote has the On/Off switch on it, so I can choose to not run with any AEs if I want. But it also has 16 buttons for the colors and then 4 more buttons that make the Bling Bling happen. Strobe, Flash, Fade and Smooth. And then it has two buttons that dim the light output up and down.

I placed the IR port between the far left edge of the black dash and where it touches the door seal, strip. It was easy to tuck that back behind there once the lower panel and side fuse panel were out of the way.

I passed the main waring harness from the engine bay into the interior of the car by popping out a large oval grommet that is located behind the engine and to the left side on the fire way. Take that out and push the sound deadening matterial out of the way and you are in from the engine bay. I made a small notch on the back side of the rubber, oval grommet so as to pass the one wire from the lights into passenger cabin.