View Single Post
#1: 07-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Looking for someone local for a second opinion...

Strizzy
Title: Moderationor
Car: 08 spec.B GTX3076R | 13 Ford Raptor
Send a private message to Strizzy Find all posts by Strizzy Reply With Quote
I recently got my new (3rd) turbo installed and was having the same issues as I was with the previous two, with burning oil like there is no tomorrow.
At first it was thought the seals in the turbo went bad, but with the second and third, I had the same issues with oil spitting out of the outlet and into my intercooler. So the turbo isn't the issue. Smoke would pour out of my exhaust during startup for about 2-3 minutes, then seem fine, except for the smell of oil burning when at a stop. I would go through about a quart of oil in 50 miles.
I get around to installing my catch can to see if that would help at all, and it does. Except for the fact that it completely fills up in about 30 miles if I'm boosting. I left the hose from the inlet to the PCV as it was, and I'm running the line from both heads to the catch can, then back to the inlet.
I'm at a loss as what the problem can be. I'm hoping to get a compression/leakdown test tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone would be able to go over my setup and see if something is out of place. Any help towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve

Note: I'm in the Lemont/Bolingbrook/Downers Grove/Darien/Woodridge/Naperville area
Sponsored links