View Single Post
#1: 07-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Debadging, painted emblem, and tail light tint *pics

mumblinaviator
Title: Contributor
Car: '07 Spec.B 18g. Built. Cryo Tuned
Send a private message to mumblinaviator Find all posts by mumblinaviator Reply With Quote
Debadged the rear end of my Spec B, leaving only the "spec B". The adhesive came off surprisingly well with only a little polishing required to remove all ghosting. <--very happy with that.

Pulled the emblem off as well. Sanded down the back of it to remove all of the blue/black paint, then airbrushed it with some lexan paint (used for R/C bodies) I used a dusting of chrome and backed it with black. It gives the emblem a very close resemblence to the actual color of the car.

The tail light tint I received from Rvinyl.com. They're an excellent company with fantastic customer service and a great product. I went with the Red tint and will be cutting out the backup light clear section soon. I went with red to cover up all of the clear/whitish plastic lines - looked too "altezza" for my taste.

I'm now reconsidering and thinking about doing a dark smoke instead of the red. Think it will look better w/ the grey metallic.

Thoughts?

Sponsored links