View Single Post
#38: 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM

SBT
Title: Site Majordomo
Car: SWP 05 LGTLW 5MT waiting on an S402
Send a private message to SBT Find all posts by SBT Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagcars26 View Post
I've been running the Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45/17 UHPAS tires fr a a lttle over a year now and couldn't be happier.
Great wet and dry performance.We only had small amounts of snow last year so I can't judge on that.
And if it does snow bad I just grab the keys to my wifes Forester and I'm good to go.
This was my first set of MPS replacement tires for the LGT after the PZN and the CECs. 225/45 size too on stock wheels. Loved this tire and loved it in the snow (sometimes up to 8" of heavy wet snow, and snow pellets on underlying ice).

Purchased a second set after 31Kish miles (w/at least 10K left on the tires) because we we're going to do a lot of winter driving and wanted to make sure my wife would be comfortable (read: safe), and then put 20-25K milles on the second set before converting to the 225/40x18 on 8" Volks. Put the second set on my my 98 BD GT Sedan and they still look to have 30K miles left in them

The 18" set are on their third season (>30K) and look to be about 50% or more remaining. Still great turn-in, rock-solid at speed and reasonably quiet given the ZR rating. I don't see any reason to give up this capability in the near- or long-term.