View Single Post
#14: 06-19-2011, 10:40 PM

sixspeedlegacy
Title: Contributor
Car: 01 GT till I can start my 2010 project
Send a private message to sixspeedlegacy Find all posts by sixspeedlegacy Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_LegacyOutback View Post
cant wait to see the final product!
Thanks! I am excited as well.

I am waiting on a few parts to still be delivered from the place who I bought the drivetrain from. They forgot a few parts plus I discovered the previous owner tightened the turbo inlet to the point where it tore through the rubber so he is getting me a new one from the subaru dealer. On a positive note though there is no shaft play on the turbo so I have that going for me haha.

I believe my only remaining parts to order before I could reasonably start the swap are:

rear wheel bearings/hubs
Baja Turbo hood/scoop/splitter
Aftermarket Fuel Pump
likely Baja instrument panel harness

I did receive some parts over the weekend. Some new front axles(needed male stubs to go into the 6mt), got them off ebay so I'm a bit skeptical as they were only $80 a piece but they look good. We'll see how they stand up to some launches and flat foot shifts in the future

The annoying thing is I will likely not be able to start the swap before I go on vacation July 8th and I won't return until the following sunday. So the earliest I can likely do anything will be July 22nd.

I am going to try and do some of the smaller peripheral things in the mean time though. I worked on one today for the interior. Once I get actual physical progress I'll post up pics.

Ben

Last edited by sixspeedlegacy; 06-20-2011 at 11:49 AM..