View Single Post
#15: 06-08-2011, 08:32 AM

sumfoo1
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 2005 OBP LGT 5MT Unlimited
Send a private message to sumfoo1 Find all posts by sumfoo1 Reply With Quote
yeah... the only thing that makes me think it could work is that refrigerant cycles transfer more energy than they consume.

I would tap into the stock system, create a 2gal high pressure tank (post condenser) and bleed that off into your evap coil while the compressor isn't running this would reduce pressure and if you don't have the system energized allow your stock a/c to stay cold when the clutch disengages.

It probably won't be worth it... but then again... if you can drop the charge to 35 degrees for 20 seconds... that's a lot of HP that could be picked up... We're talking near e85 power on pump.

Again... i may be a designer for this stuff but I'm not doing the math for it and do not want any liability in it.

If you're looking for controls on a DX setup like that you'd need to talk to someone who designs the Internal AHU contols... i just make sure they work.

The assisting an air to water system would be an easier thing to control but if for whatever reason you ruptured a line and dumped gallons of low temp water on a hot engine that would be bad too... and talking about weight... air to water systems are HEAVY because they have water in them.

I'm going tmic and e85 because the evaporative cooling of e85 before (and during) combustion will be more effective than a setup like this could be.

Last edited by sumfoo1; 06-08-2011 at 08:37 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to sumfoo1 For This Useful Post:
rad.rac3r (06-08-2011)