Swift Springs

Rates
F 3.8kg/212lb R 4.2kg/234lb

Drop
F -1.3" R -1.15"

Type
Linear

Review
Compared to all the different brands of springs I’ve used in the past, Swift were always one of the best that I know of. Although they are a little bit more expensive than others, they are definitely worth it in my honest opinion.

These are linear springs, designed with the OEM bumpstops rates in mind. Unlike many other brands, Swift designs their springs following 3 rules:

1 Keep or improve a smooth comfortable ride.
2 Increase handling, control, and performance.
3 Lower the vehicle within the each vehicle’s usable stroke.

On my 2010 Legacy GT, all previous chassis leans are gone no matter I accelerate, brake, or turn. This cars feels planted and responds to the smallest input with precision even at high speeds. This spring simply does not sag, you do not need to wait a few days before getting your alignment. The car feels very smooth and theres not a hint of harshness. Never has going over bumps felt more comfortable on this car.

Design
Swift uses a special material called H5S.TW, it is stronger than the regular silicone chrome material. This is why they can make the spring wire thinner and wind the springs with fewer coils. This decreases its un-sprung mass while increasing its available stroke. A less coil design makes the spring respond faster and eliminates any chances of coil binding. Besides the highest response, they also have the most consistent spring rate. At Swift's facility in Ontario CA, I saw the spring dyno of all the different brands of springs. Swift springs were the only one that held a consistent spring rate throughout the entire compression while others were just all over the place. Quality is not just a advertising slogan for Swift, you put their stuff on the dyno and you can literally visualize quality.

Company
Swift is a Japanese springs company well known in the racing industry throughout the world. They are used in Le Mans 24hrs, Nurburgring 24hrs, JGTC, Super Taikyu, D-1, Nascars...etc. There are teams in Nascars sponsored by Hyperco and Eibach that rather spend money to use Swift springs than using their free springs from their sponsors.

Images

Before

After

ETA: 1 Month
MSRP: $399
Est. Street Price: $320 ~ $350

Last edited by blklgt05; 06-03-2011 at 06:21 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to blklgt05 For This Useful Post:
Nor*Cal (12-08-2011)
Sponsored links