Hey everyone, figured it's about time for me to post up my progress. My car is a 2009 2.5i PZEV Legacy. I finished installing the AVO turbo kit back in April. Last week I finally had my car officially tuned at EFI Logics by Chris. The car is running great and it's a world of a difference.
Currently in about $3800 including the pro tune at EFI Logics. I'll post up the dyno chart later but I'm making 175whp/176wtq on 93 octane at 4.2 psi max with an average of 3.6 psi. I'm planning on raising it to 6psi by the end of the summer, just breaking the car in some and making sure no problems arise.
*Original power/torque values were around 126whp/127wtq. About 50 gained at the wheels.
Previous mods before the turbo kit:
35% Tints all around
Custom honey comb mesh grill set up
Super hella tones
Rota Formula Mesh 18x8
Perrin light weight crank shaft pulley
SPT cat-back exhaust
GT Spec Strut tower bar
In addition with turbo:
LGT Fuel pump from Japan
DW 650cc injectors
Ralli Sport Racing UEL Header
AVO UP/DP (from kit)
Turbo XS MBC
Page 1: Car and completion of turbo install pictures
Page 2: First Dyno Graph
Page 4: Oil pan tap, other mods pre-turbo, during install pictures, coolant line locations and oil line location
Page 6: Turbo blanket install (Ordered from siliconeintakes.com, size T3)
Page 7: Recirculating BOV (Also ordered from siliconeintakes.com with the silicone T coupler)
Page 9: Boost Gauge
Page 10: 6psi tune graph
Page 11: BPV vacuum line/Turbo XS MBC
Page 17: Ralli Sport Header
My dad and I handled the entire install. It was rather time consuming if you have never installed a turbo before. It was a great experience however and it turned out better than could be expected. On to the pics!
The power intake. A little green from the pollen.
I decided to go with a custom pipe here instead of the supplied black one. The black one fits fine, but was a little tight in some areas for my liking, as well as tight getting it in. The new set up was only $100 and it turned out perfect.
I tried to get an undercarriage shot here, you can see the DP and kind of see the UP here.
The process of installing took a couple of weeks to do since I was finishing up college. Between my dad and my self we probably invested around 24-36 hours total. The oil tapping of the pan was the most difficult part of this install. We ended up having to plug the original hole and tapping a new one due to the shape of the oil drain line. The original spot caused oil to back up into the turbo. Now there are no dips in the line and it works like a dream.
I couldn't be happier, I can't wait to up the boost a little more, but I'm restraining from it for now haha. If there are any questions feel free to ask. This whole process was a huge learning experience, that's for sure.