View Single Post
#20: 05-19-2011, 03:52 PM

blklgt05
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: '10 RRP LGT Stg 2.1 '05 OBP LGT Stg 2.1
Send a private message to blklgt05 Find all posts by blklgt05 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTuner View Post
There is absolutly NOTHING wrong with the blue filters. They are made to subaru spec's. Cardboard? SO what? Would you rather glue a paper element to steel or a similar material? Look at the inlet holes on the Suby filter. The number and size of them, no other filter I have seen can flow what that filter is capable of except maybe the Wix.
With that said, I have pulled almost every brand of filter apart. PureOne filters had a gaf relief valve, no filter had the correct pressure relief spring tension that Subaru calls for. Do you think Subaru would spec an inferior filter for their vehicles? I don't think so.

If you MUST get all crazy about not using a Subaru filter, do use the Purolator. Mobil 1 filters are a joke. Frams, well there just Frams.
The filtration media is important to prevent clogging of the infamous banjo bolt filter, hence why I wouldn't use anything but PureOne which has the best filtration media. There are ton's of HR pics of the P1 filter under the microscope compared to all these other filters, as well as various filtration tests. You can find them on the link I posted above or go search BITOG forums.

Subaru uses tons of inferior parts to save cost, this isn't a high-end luxury car.