View Single Post
#7: 05-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Title: In Witness Protection
Car: '08 QSM 5EAT-Cobb Stg1, Gates Kevlar TB
Send a private message to shadowsports Find all posts by shadowsports Reply With Quote
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Good stuff. A few thoughts:

1. Continental had the contiextremecontact out for a long time before they introduced the DWS product. The older tire was considered a UHPAS.

2. UHP a/s tires make sense to me as someone who wants sufficient performance for everyday combined with modest flexibility in light snow AND low temperatures. I live in PA - do I want to run snow tires ~5 months a year when we're in freezing temps? No. I want a tire that does well in late fall and early spring. Such a tire is neither a snow tire nor summer tire. And since all-seasons remain sufficient for my needs the other 6 months of the year (compared to how winter tires function in summer and vice versa), they fit my needs well.

I'm running UHPAS

The "W" speed rated version of this tire is UHP, "H" is just HP.

Stock suspension. I run a slightly taller tire 225/45/17. This fills the wheelwell a little more. Small (very small) hit in gas mileage. EDIT** Loved these tires. Wear and handling remain excellent. Noise after 25k unbeareable. Going back to RE760's

Last edited by shadowsports; 06-15-2012 at 11:47 AM..