View Single Post
#7: 05-18-2011, 08:46 PM

shadowsports
Title: In Witness Protection
Car: '08 QSM 5EAT-Cobb Stg1, 2011 Stumpy FSR
Send a private message to shadowsports Find all posts by shadowsports Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Good stuff. A few thoughts:

1. Continental had the contiextremecontact out for a long time before they introduced the DWS product. The older tire was considered a UHPAS.

2. UHP a/s tires make sense to me as someone who wants sufficient performance for everyday combined with modest flexibility in light snow AND low temperatures. I live in PA - do I want to run snow tires ~5 months a year when we're in freezing temps? No. I want a tire that does well in late fall and early spring. Such a tire is neither a snow tire nor summer tire. And since all-seasons remain sufficient for my needs the other 6 months of the year (compared to how winter tires function in summer and vice versa), they fit my needs well.
Agree!

I'm running UHPAS

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....NVigor+%28W%29

The "W" speed rated version of this tire is UHP, "H" is just HP.

Stock suspension. I run a slightly taller tire 225/45/17. This fills the wheelwell a little more. Small (very small) hit in gas mileage. EDIT** Loved these tires. Wear and handling remain excellent. Noise after 25k unbeareable. Going back to RE760's

Last edited by shadowsports; 06-15-2012 at 11:47 AM..