View Single Post
#7: 05-10-2011, 04:15 PM

evilO
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2010 Legacy GT Ltd., 2006 Audi S4, + FJ
Send a private message to evilO Find all posts by evilO Reply With Quote
Install is done. Took us (me more of a hack than him) 3.5 hours. Not bad at all. No disconnecting brake lines. Fairly straight forward. Here are some after pics:

The ride is well, spot on for my taste. So is the drop. I am coming from a 1.5 inch drop on my Audi S4... so this is mild yet what I wanted. Ride if firm and compliant. Massive amount of dip, dive, and body roll has been diminished. I am expecting a bit more drop over the next couple of days with once the springs settle in...... Overall, I am VERY happy.

The hardest part of this install was the learning curve on the first spring (front passenger side). After that, the rears were very easy. We found the rears were much easier to remove if you disconnected the rear sway. With this said, this would be the perfect time to upgrade your rear sway if you are thinking about it.

Please keep in mind this kit provides new bump stops for the rears. No modification to the front bump stops are required.

Having two people helped a ton - especially when removing the fronts (allows for one to pull the shock while the other pushes down on the suspension thus saving your CV joint boot). Having spring compressors are a must (or at least seemed to be) in getting the OE springs out safely.

In the end, doing this mod myself I saved about $400. A local shop owes me an alignment so after a couple of days of settling I am going to get that done.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to evilO For This Useful Post:
blklgt05 (05-10-2011), ChasWG (05-10-2011), CL21376 (05-10-2011), coppertone (05-10-2011), GTNerd (05-16-2011), minuccims (05-10-2011), SurlyOldManMN (05-12-2011)