View Single Post
#39: 04-18-2011, 01:25 PM

ClimberD@HexMods
Title: 5EAT Performance Vendor
Car: 05 LGT 5EAT
Send a private message to ClimberD@HexMods Find all posts by ClimberD@HexMods Reply With Quote
TransGo has had 6 years to release a kit. It is not a priority for them. We may be a solid group of enthusiasts, but we are a much much smaller group than the 350Z crowd. HOWEVER, I am retrofitting the 350Z TransGo kit to the 5eat, aiming to do so for a REASONABLE price to the community. The 350Z and 5eat both use the RE5R05A platform from Jatco, so the valves and springs all appear to be the same. But the drilling of holes is completely different. I am spending a lot of time to crack this code of where to drill what size holes for the 5eat. It should yield the exact same result as the TransGo 350Z kit. So we are in luck!

My hunch is that since MSprank was 3000 miles away from IPT with their first 08-09 VB, they didn't have the luxury of trial and error with different springs. So they put on a resistor to accomplish the same thing. If you modify the valve body mechanically, there is no line pressure sensor to tell the TCU to dumb it down.

I can easily buy a 08-09 valve body once I get the 05s-07s sorted out, and produce the first and only "good" solution for the 08-09 LGT crowd.

All of this is costing me a lot of time and a good chunk of money, so all I ask is that you support me via my upcoming products if you determine me worthy, and I'll do my best to support this community with money-saving power-handling transmission solutions.