View Single Post
#15: 03-31-2011, 12:23 PM

Rollin Wes
Title: Member
Car: 2009 Outback XT 5eat
Send a private message to Rollin Wes Find all posts by Rollin Wes Reply With Quote
Just had these seals replaced on my 09 Outback XT under warranty. I had to take thar car back 3 times for them to figure it out. I told them the 1st day I took it I assumed it was this. Kept throwing the same code: lean cylinder bank.
They had the car about a week while a new MAF was being ordered. Called to say the car is working great. Drive it home 4 miles and the light comes on and started running like crap. Turn it around and took it straight back. Oh, it must be the sensors in the exhaust. It will take us a week because the part need to be ordered. The same evening after picking it up that 2nd time it started again.
They then blamed it on bad gas. So I drove it a few days till the tank was empy and filled it up at a different station. Still ran like crap. Took it in the 3rd time and repeated my opinion of the seals at the intake manifold. Oh no, he said, they checked all that. Two days later he calls to say we found the problem! The seals are letting in air after it is metered. Well Duh...
Anyways, it was done in 2 days the 3rd time and the car is idling smoothly now. Amazing how it took 3 times and 3 weeks to get it right.
I'm done with this car and maybe Subaru. Blown engine at Christmas and now this not even 3 months later...
An engine rod started coming loose with 19,000 on the clock Christmas Day. Took 2 weeks for them to rebuild the engine. I really think I got a bad car.