View Single Post
#34: 03-30-2011, 12:33 PM

rockford33
Title: Senior Member
Send a private message to rockford33 Find all posts by rockford33 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
How long is the paint/rust perforation warranty on these? Thought it was 10 years or perhaps even lifetime. Might be worth getting it checked out by the dealer.
Rust warranty is only 5 years. I skipped the dealer and went right to Subaru Corporate. This is the reply I got:

"Dear Mr. Lambrecht:

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. I regret that concerns regarding your vehicle prompted your contact to us but I appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance to you.

First let me say that I'm very excited to hear that you have owned 3 Subaru vehicles to date. That is truly terrific and we thank you for your continued loyalty.

However, I'm truly quite sorry to hear that your 2005 Subaru Legacy GT has been experiencing an issue with rust and the paint bubbling. As you may know, the life expectancy of any mechanical device is subject to many considerations. Every automobile at some time during its usage will arrive at a condition which calls for minor and sometimes even major repair work. The Warranty Policy is designed for the protection of the purchaser from defects in the material or workmanship. As you know, however, this warranty has expired.

While we understand your disappointment and frustration with repairs, I am sorry we are unable to provide you with any assistance on these repairs. We do appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously. I will be documenting this information in Customer/Dealer Services database system to put on record. This information is then shared with our Product Development Department for further review to continually improve our products. Your feedback does make a difference and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Should you have any additional questions or if I can be of further assistance, please feel free to E-mail me back or contact me at 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783). Thank you and have a great day!"

So I guess I get to have a great day while my car rusts around me..... I don't think I will go Subaru next time. This is the first new car I have ever owned in 22 years of driving, and the only one to rust on me. and some of my cars were already old by the time I got them, and no visible rust.