View Single Post
#9: 03-25-2011, 12:07 PM

Habitual Line Stepper
Title: Banned in the butt
Send a private message to Habitual Line Stepper Find all posts by Habitual Line Stepper Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aodhan View Post
What cars are you considering? I have thought about selling mine, but since its paid off I dont really like the idea of another car payment again.
Well since my car isnt payed off i'm actually trying to get to where you are at. But the good news is my car has tons of positive equity so it represents more than half of what my current budget for another car is.

As for what i'm currently looking at.... well its all over the map. I'm really digging the VIP scene so i'm looking at the infiniti Y34 M45, Lexus ls400/430, Lexus is300, Lexus SC300/400, Lexus 2nd Gen GS300/400/430, infiniti Y33 Q45, infiniti G35 sedan and a BMW E39 540i (not really because it'll break and i'll be broke afterwards).

I've also looked at coupes/ because i want to try my hand at some time attack / autocross stuff. So i've also looked at E36 M3, RX8/RX7 and mk3 supras with the 7mgte.

Then there was another way i wanted to go ..... get a beater and then put the rest of my money into starting a project car. In this case i'd probably get a corrolla or civic or some beat GC / 1st gen legacy to drive around in. Then as for projects i've really had a thing for LSX swaps in E36 bimmers/RX7/S14. Or get an aristo front clip and 2JZGTE swap a MK4 supra rolling chassis. Also, RB25DET swap a Zenki S14 and try my hand at drifting (nah). And of course stick with a subaru.... full sti swap on a 2nd gen legacy rolling chassis or GC8.

As you can see.... i dont quite know yet, all i know is i'm selling my legacy. But if i had it payed off i wouldnt, i'd keep the thing and either get another car as a DD and build my legacy or have my legacy be my DD and take my sweet time building something amazing. Either way you can still avoid a car payment and have a project.