View Single Post
#7: 03-24-2011, 07:26 PM

RyanGT
Title: Pony Rider
Car: 05 LGT RBP Wgn 5EAT;2010 Golf TDI DSG
Send a private message to RyanGT Find all posts by RyanGT Reply With Quote
Aodhan, it's not just about another car payment again. I feel that if you're happy with your LGT and it's not becoming a money pit, just keep it and enjoy it. I simply can't find any new car for the money that's going to give me the same level of fun as my current LGT modded the way I want it. I am fortunate to have a more sedate and comfortable car as a daily driver. Whenever I get back into the LGT, the ride is more harsh, the exhaust is noisy, the BlueTooth doesn't work like I want it to, the Nav's directions are sometimes and and she drinks like an Irish mofo! But after a couple hard turns and some shennigans on the familiar on-ramps/off-ramps, everything is forgiven and I am back in love with the car again. There is a sense of being one with the car again.

I think everyone on this forum should take his LGT to a road track like what TrippleB did recently. I know that Spoonwacker, goneskiian and mcbracken had done it too. You will be amazed how easy, intuitive and wonderful it is to drive fast in the LGT. Sure the BMW 335i and M3 will drive and handle better but those cars are at least 2X the price of a LGT. If you can afford them, more power to you.

Sorry HLS to hijack your thread a little. Good Luck with the sale. I know you had a lot fun with your LGT. I have seen some recent pics of the Beast.... it is easily one of the narly-looking ones around here. And all the best with whatever you end up getting!
Originally Posted by LegGTLT View Post
I still think "5th Gen" is the most demotivational word... ever.