View Single Post
#1: 03-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Rear wiper on wagon (diagnosis help)

Montana
Title: Member
Car: '06 LGT AT sedan & '05 GT MT wagon
Send a private message to Montana Find all posts by Montana Reply With Quote
Our 2005 unlimited MT wagon's rear wiper isn't working. Looking for advice and direction, thanks.

I most often am the one who typically pulls things apart and fixes them, as I have the patience to work through the tasks, or I am the one that really wants to install the mod so...

He checked the fuse and he took it to the dealer, who jumpered a hot wire to determine the motor works. There's a $100 visit.

I tried to listen for the relay, as the dealership's notes didn't mention checking the relay. There are too many various noises under the hood for this technique. I see there are three relays that seem the same part #. Is there any reason I can't pull the Horn relay and the Wiper relay, and plug in the horn relay, to check the wiper circuit? Do those relays have any special connector base or special puller tool, or do they just pop out lilke the motorcycle relays just pop out?

I have searched the forums, found the OB topic on the wagon wire wiring issue, and have downloaded both the 2005 Vacation pictures of the "whole trip" as well as the vacation pictures of the "body work."

If the relay swap can't be done or doesn't make a difference, I figure the next step is to dive into the rubber protection boot on the right side of the tailgate at the hinge, where the wires run through, and there likely is a connector behind the tailgate inner panel somewhere, maybe near the taillight cubby? I don't see that the dealership checked the pinouts for power.

TIA for any guidance that saves me pulling apart things that won't help!
Sponsored links