View Single Post
#3: 02-27-2011, 08:47 PM

Drew888
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2008 Spec-B, too many mods, too many...
Send a private message to Drew888 Find all posts by Drew888 Reply With Quote
Before baking your light you will need to remove the 3 torx screws on the one corner (T10).

No, contrary to popular belief, you do not have to remove the bulbs nor wiring harness from the back of the headlight. Now I did make sure that no wiring touched the cookie sheet during the process (only important during the reheating later with the new wiring attached).

My headlight was baked on a cookie sheet at 250* for 15 minutes.

Time for the Mechanics Gloves as it's a bit hot, and your standard screwdriver.

Start working on that headlight as soon as possible or it will cool too much (if it does then just another 5 min in the over should do the trick) stick that screwdriver between the two halves and start twisting to begin the separation, do this all around and also pry up the tabs as you come to them.
Now when it starts to come apart you can get a good grip on it and just pull it apart. Do this with a snapping motion (as quick as you can) to break the sealant. Think of hot cheese on a pizza. If you do it too slowly then you will have a mess on your hands. Don't ask me about cleaning the goo off the lens as I have never had to go down that road. Just be carefull.
I have fould the surefire easiest way is to have a friend help you. With each of you grabing a side and pulling quickly it comes apart nice and tidy.

Last edited by Drew888; 02-27-2011 at 10:08 PM..