View Single Post
#35: 02-08-2011, 12:42 AM

ViscousSquirrel
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2011 WRX & 04 STI
Send a private message to ViscousSquirrel Find all posts by ViscousSquirrel Reply With Quote
Soooo I bought the 2011 wrx and have been driving it for a few months now. its got nearly 5K on it.

Impressions.... Cheap.

The carpet seems to be made out of an unbacked felt like material. The dash has a nice solid plastic resonance when knocked on. Everything in it is fairly cheap...Road noise is fairly bad, and the not so great stereo does nothing to drown it out. The radio controls are pretty crappy as well.

Driving dynamics -- It's a QUICK lil' bastard. After break in it eats up the LGT, wallows less in corners and has a nice lil' growl out of the exhaust.It transitions quickly with no drama, this is a fantastic driving automobile if lacking some of the class of the old lgt.

Style---- it's pig ugly. everytime I see it I miss the looks of the lgt

Utility--- well, it's a hatch at least. It's no wagon that's for sure....the top (in an effort to appease the drunken stylists im sure) cuts down and lops off a good chunk of usable space. the interior dimensions both front and rear are nearly identical to the lgt.

All in all I feel like it was a good purchase and it's a fine driving auto, but it's just no leggy....