View Single Post
#14: 02-06-2011, 11:35 AM

zenfamily
Title: Senior Member
Car: 05 Big Winged Legacy GT, 13 Red BRZ
Send a private message to zenfamily Find all posts by zenfamily Reply With Quote
There are many paths for this and it all depends on what you're actually trying to do. As a few have said, the audio forum has a plethora of information.
What it really comes down to is this question: are you keeping the stock HU or are you replacing it? (assuming that you have the climate control and not the base HVAC system)

If you're going to keep it:
  • wiring harness to add subwoofer connection (normal line), and you'll need a lineout converter or an amp that can handle it.
  • Jazzy mod to allow use of mp3/ipod.
  • Scosche mod which connects directly via the antenna vs just using a transmitter for the mp3 player.
If you replace it:
  • AVO JDM HVAC (~$350-400 US) for Double Din
  • New Stock headunit (07-09) which allows has an MP3 connector
  • Cubby pod mod which allows you to use the stock HVAC unit.
There are a few more, but they were extremely difficult or didn't fit what I was looking for.

As for me, I was looking to spend the same amount of money for a new headunit, so I bought the AVO JDM HVAC and modified a crutchfield single din kit (for the base leggie) that came with my stereo. This only required cutting the kit and nothing else. You can see a picture of it in my album here: http://legacygt.com/forums/album.php...pictureid=4289

Last edited by zenfamily; 02-06-2011 at 11:38 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to zenfamily For This Useful Post:
madcatz (02-06-2011)