View Single Post
#36: 12-30-2010, 02:25 PM

CDN 2.5i
Title: Monkey
Car: 2005 OBP 2.5i 5MT Wagon
Send a private message to CDN 2.5i Find all posts by CDN 2.5i Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatepylons View Post
PATrout - I didn't get anywhere with it, as I had other financial burdens crop up. In short, Subaru NA wanted me to front the money for the repair and components. Pending an investigation on what was found they said they might do something goodwill, but nothing guaranteed. So I politely asked my girlfriend to wear an extra coat and crank the seat warmers. She's still with me to this day, and the car still isn't fixed.

I'm curious about this whole "power flush" thing that someone else has mentioned........ I've debated running acid through the core to help aid the removal of sediment.
Do you have a name of anyone you were talking with at SOA?

If the flush doesn't help (usually done in conjunction with a cleaner/solvent soak), I may try to pursue something similar with Subaru of Canada. The more reports that are filed, the better we are at getting somewhere with an issue like this.

I had my coolant changed per recommended service interval at 48k kms by the dealer. They used green coolant and the conditioner so I've done everything by the book to date.