Thread: BK Wagon brakes
View Single Post
#1: 12-14-2010, 08:19 PM
BK Wagon brakes

BK207
Title: New Member
Car: 1996 Subaru Legacy BK Wagon
Send a private message to BK207 Find all posts by BK207 Reply With Quote
Ok, so last year I purchased a 1996 Legacy BK Wagon, and the brakes are absolute shit! One piston, 2-piece front calipers with 10 inch rotors and rear drum brakes are just not cutting it. I want to upgrade and was looking at the brakers on a Second Gen Forester. With 2 piston front calipers and 11.5 inch rotors and one piston rear calipers with (I think) 10 inch rotors. I feel that this will much more adequate for heat dissipation and overal performance. I am just wondering if anyone here has done a conversion like this, or should I just try to find a set of WRX brakes, hubs and suspsension? The 4 piston brakes and (I think but am unsure) 12 inch rotors on the front and 2 piston rears with 11 inch rotors would be great but probably a bit out of my price range. So the Forester brakes are looking like a decent first upgrade until I get more money to play with. Any thoughts, experiences, or just insights would be greatly appreciated. I looked for a long time and didnt see anything baout this, so I hope not overposting a topic. Also, I know that I will need to get larger wheels because I have a Brighton running 14 inch steelies at the moment.

Thanks guys!
Sponsored links