View Single Post
#10: 11-11-2010, 07:47 AM

f1anatic
Title: Das Cruise Meister
Car: Legacy GT & Forester XP & Jeep GC
Send a private message to f1anatic Find all posts by f1anatic Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
You're missing two very important points here (at least for me - and I bet the OP as well):
  1. I dunno about the OP, but I already had a CarPC setup. The computer died. The rest is still laying in the car. Point is, I already have a Double DIN console, and I'd modify the console so the tablet could be mounted and it would look OEM. It wouldn't be laying out in the open on a bracket like you assumed.
  2. Like I said, I already did the CarPC thing. It was a nightmare. If I could replace all of the wiring and components with an all-in-one system running android, that's what I'm gonna do.

You assume that I assumed that you are at the begining with the CarPC thing. I chave noted your contributions over the years in the CarPC thread. I've recently been thru the same thing: PC died (actually USB ports stopped working) and the screen died. Screen got fixed by Xenarc and I bought the D510 unit. 170 bucks; no more work but solder two wires and mount it in a smaller plastic box enclosure. In fact in about 10 minutes I am gonna take this Veteran's Day break to go install my CarPC...version 2.0 to be exact. And in fact I can teach you how to get your old Windows Operating system (with Centrafuse, SSM-3, iGuidance or whatever you are running etc) back in a new PC. That was my course of action because I did not want to fiddle with new hardware beyond minor soldering and wrenching several screws and chopping out a plastic box so I can put my new CarPC inside. It worked out so far.