View Single Post
#32: 11-06-2010, 02:04 AM

m sprank
Title: Vendor III
Car: Stg3 08 5EAT + Stg3.5 08 SpecB
Send a private message to m sprank Find all posts by m sprank Reply With Quote
Cores are OEM. Used lamps from other members cars. Al lamps are resealed using Butyl Rubber, just like OEM. I then run a bead of black automotive silicone along the outside seam.

No condensation is a myth. Lamps have breathers built in for heat of bulbs to escape and moisture in atmosphere as well. O-rings on bulbs and back cap are not air tight. Lamps are not air tight from the factory. 55w HID's cause sooo much heat that they almost always cause condensation at some point.

I am not saying lamps are gonna fog up. I am just saying I can not guarantee what is going to happen to them once they leave me, and I have no idea the conditions in which they will live out their lives. Even untouched OEM lamps fog sometimes. I make them do it all the time to show customers. Just place a set in the Rhino lined bed of my truck, in the sun for 20 minutes. 90% of lamps will fog. I live 2 miles from the beach. There is enough moisture in the atmosphere to do it.

Bulbs are up to you. Keep yours, or if you want something special I have most all bulb types available.

-Mike

Last edited by m sprank; 11-06-2010 at 02:08 AM..