View Single Post
#15: 10-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Hey Fred

Impatient
Title: Senior Member
Car: 09 base --> 07 OBXT LTD 5M
Send a private message to Impatient Find all posts by Impatient Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05 Outback 2.5i View Post
Yeah, my bad, I was under the impression that Fred Beans had worked with Koni to have a kit made for the Legacy's, but I see it is just the Kit that has been available from Koni for some time now (cut and gut they call it). There was some discussion on the Outback board about Inserts that would work for the front, but then the rear is an issue, so it looks like us Outback guys are still stuck with the JDM Bilstein option or experimenting with different springs and KYB GR-2 Struts..

225/60HR16 Bridgestone G009's

+1 on that plead, Fred. Outback guys are still waiting for something other than bottom of the line KYB (bottom of THEIR line), worse from Monroe, sketchy Coilovers, or highway robbery / black market Bilstein BTS's. Probably obvious we aren't going to race our Outbacks, but a street-friendly setup with MUCH better manners would be appreciated...matching springs with up to a 1" drop wouldn't hurt.

One other option would be to import the non-USDM KYB setup, complete with tophats, springs etc that are different , to make a true bolt on.

This is for 05-09 Outbacks, in case that isn't clear...especially for XT's....something to go along with the Cobb/Hotchkiss bars which will be available....WHEN?????