View Single Post
#10: 10-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Title: Where'd that Pop-It go?!
Car: '16 Outback 2.5i Ltd, '13 FXT Touring
Send a private message to TSi+WRX Find all posts by TSi+WRX Reply With Quote
Originally Posted by BOXRPWR
Thanks for clarifying that. Funny how that picture makes the bright chrome ring look dark, and therefore it seems to point away from the camera. That's a tricky picture there. Your pic above clearly shows where the ring goes. That's where I tried to put mine before 2 bulbs broke.
Bro, that was totally my lack of camera-Kung-Fu. Sorry 'bout that!

Interesting how people think or feel differently about where to locate the "dead spot" on the rings. You put yours basically at the top of the circle. I drilled mine and plan to put the unlite section at the very bottom of the circle. I also thought about the sides adjacent to the high-beams. It will be interesting to see how the end results differ. I don't think any particular location is right or wrong....just different.
Agreed - no definite right or wrong, many different ways to mount this, depending on aesthetic preference.

Not all that tough at all, just time-consuming.

I *really* took my time, and when all's said and done, took me about 6 hours - 3 on Friday, 3 on Saturday (I did the PM and AM thing, with epoxy drying time spanning the night in-between).

That includes the all-painful documentation and write-up, which itself took about an hour, despite by super-zippy typing (thanks to years and years on chats/BBSs and writing endless scientific papers!).

Honestly, I could have easily pulled the headlights and baked them both inside an hour's span (I've done this once before), spent another 30 minutes arranging/drilling/gluing), and then set things aside for the next morning, whereupon I would have spent again less than an hour putting everything back together.

It's not that hard - just tedious. But then again, almost all "rice/disco" mods are somewhat tedious, if you want to get things just right.
<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges
'16 Outback, '13 FXT, 6th Subaru Family