This is a guide I’ve been throwing together representing the aftermarket support for second generation (1995-1999 USDM and 1993-1998 JDM) Subaru Legacy/Outback.
while everything hyperlinked is fully compatible with your 2nd gen, keep in mind that it is only a guide to give you a better idea of what to look for..
H&R (-1.5”, -1.25”)
RS☆R (-1.25”,- 1.25”)
KYB GR-2 – 10% Stiffer than OEM Struts
– On-Car Adjustable Damping
K Sport Kontrol
KW Suspension Variant
Rear Suspension Spacers
– Cures the ‘saggy butt’ look after lowering your car, 3/8” Recommended.
Front Strut Tower Bar
– Reduce body flex by providing extra stiffness between the strut towers.
disclaimer*- make sure to purchase MY93-01, or any with low-profile brackets.
Rear Strut Tower Bar
-Especially effective in wagons
– Reduce body lean and increase body roll resistance by upgrading to larger sways.
*In order to use 93-01 Impreza RSB, you will need to modify your fuel tank
Front Endlinks - increase swaybar effectiveness by upgrading to endlinks with less flex than the rubber OEM.
Bushings - help reduce drive train flex, eliminate chatter, missed shifts, etc.
Control arm - lower inner front
Control arm - lower inner rear
Steering - rack & pinion mount
Sway bar – link (Front)
Control arm - lower inner & outer
Differential - support outrigger
Differential - mounts in cradle
Sway bar – link
Sway bar - link assembly
Sway bar - link assembly
Sway bar - 18mm
Sway bar - 19mm
Sway bar - 20mm
Sway bar - 22mm
Sway bar - 24mm
Sway bar - 25mm
- (Tribeca FSB)
Trailing arm – front
Trailing arm - rear
Shifter Bushings - Improve shift feel and responsiveness on your vehicle by eliminating the soft rubber factory bushing
Transmission Crossmember Bushings
- These bushings can take the torque and vibration of high-performance street and race use
Sway bar Mounts
- Super rigid forged light weight alloy mounting.
Rear Sub-frame Locking Bolt Kit
- These bolts lock out the rear diff. sub frame bushings to maintain alignment under extreme conditions.
Aluminum Control Arms
- Reduces your un-sprung weight and deflection under hard cornering resulting in improved handling
- Lighter weight aluminum control arms from GC chassis imprezas bolt right up
Castor Kits - Adds caster to the front wheels giving the car more turn in response
Brembo Slotted , Front
Stoptech Cryo Treated
– Designed to reduce heat and dust, best for daily driven cars
– Designed for a mixture of track and daily driving
– Used primarily in heavily raced and tracked vehicles
SS Brake Lines
- Improves pedal feel and response
- Allows brake bleeding to be easily done by only one person
Master Cylinder Brace
- helps prevent flex among the master brake cylinder by adding more holding points to it
Cold Air Intake
– the Ebay intake was dyno proven
at about a 6hp gain over similar Cosmo Racing ($200+) intake systems
– You’ll need this to affix the cone filter to your MAF
- Anything works here
Borla UEL Headers
- Not recommended due to the thin walls and chances of cracking
Borla Replica Un-Equal Length Header
– Bring out the boxer rumble and free up a few HP. Much better reports than original Borla’s
OBX Equal Length Header –
Sacrifice some of your rumble for more performance gains.
Header Heat Wrap
– Keep the exhaust hot and the valve train noise muffled.
High-Flow Catalytic Converter – Increase exhaust flow
- Low end gains and high end gains depend on how you want them grinded
Spark Plug Wires -
- Reduce weight and inertia for better engine response
- Get quicker throttle response and more horsepower and torque. Reducing rotating mass results in better performance.
– Smooth out idle and ride, reduce noise, and free up some HP.
– Optimize engine performance by controlling aspects such as fuel mixture and ignition timing.
Port and Polished Heads
- Reduce the restriction in the engine's intake and exhaust chambers to allow more air into the system, gaining power.
Engine Pitch Stop
- A mount that’s stiffer than stock will reduce the amount of forward and backward movement the engine has.
Roll Center Adjuster
– For lowered cars, this replaces ball joints ad returns the control arm angle closer to stock to help bring roll center closer to CG.
Phenolic Intake Manifold Spacer
- Greatly reduces the transfer of heat from engine to intake manifold thus reducing heat soak. Every 5° temp. drop = 1% power gain
- Less sway and flex in engine components helps put more efficient power down to the ground.
Transmission Mounts - Transmission Mounts Make the transmission more solid. They will give you better feel for your transmission and easier shifting.
Transmission Oil Cooler
– Improve overall performance, and lengthen the life of both the fluid and tranny
Engine Oil Cooler
- Reduces oil temperature for extended engine life
Short Shifters -
Kartboy (with bushings)
Backlight Color Change
Carbon Fiber Gauge Face Mod
-seat belt latches will need to be swapped out for the ones that you already have
-02 JDM WRX airbags are plug and play 03 JDM some have same problem as the 03 usdm(read below)
-All 02 WRX steering wheels will be plug and play with your airbag connector, 03 WRX air bags have a different connector but will physically fit in. You can splice out the the connectors but at your own risk and not recommended.
-To use your cruise control you will need to swap the modules in the steering wheel.
WRX Center Console Swap
Custom Door cards
STi ‘Blue’ Carpet
A-Pillar 2-Gauge Pods
– Fits 52mm gauges
Custom Shift Boots
Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs
– Flash Amber
JDM Wagon Tail Lights
JDM Wagon Smoked Tail Lights
JDM Sedan Tail Lights
JDM Projector Headlights
JDM Projector Headlights
JDM Projector Morette Headlights
- Very Rare
JDM Front Bumper - GT-B
JDM Front Bumper GT-B Limited
JDM Window Visors
JDM Aero Splash Guards
– Takes place of mudflaps
JDM Sedan Rear Window
– Rear Wiper
JDM L7 Grille
JDM RFRB Grille
JDM Power Folding
– Folding also found on 1995 ‘L’ Model Legacys
JDM Ganador Side Mirrors
JDM Projector Fog Lights
JDM Flush Door Trim
JDM Clear Sidemarker Part Number: F-01 HM6-112