View Single Post
#3: 07-23-2010, 09:25 AM

speddmn
Title: Senior Member
Car: 05 AT GT OMG
Send a private message to speddmn Find all posts by speddmn Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by I 5EAT Turkey Clubs View Post
OK I got this same code the other day. I was at the dealer for unrelated issues. The service tech told me that my car was about 1/2 quart low on oil. Not sure how because I always check it. Anyways the guy told me they went ahead and put a half quart of oil in (they had done this already- without asking me if I wanted them to) and I said "ya great" because I was focused on the issues at hand. I was driving into my driveway when all the sudden the CEL came back on. At first I thought that my original problemhad reared up again but the codes say P0021 and P0011. Could be my turbo but I'm praying it's not (it was acting quite normal). I did immediately realize that the dealership doesn't use fully synthetic oil which my car has been running for many miles now. Could that create the problem I'm experiencing if I really didn't drive it all that far? I will follow the steps above as well as in the link to see if that's the problem. I have also read it could be a belt issue and my serpentine does seem to be making louder than normal noises. Any help is appreciated.
it's easy enough to try cleaing your OCV's, it really is a snap to do it whole thing wont likely take more than 30 minutes. Once you put em back on the car remember you'll have to get warm (should run normally cold) and probably have to get up to high enough speed/rpm to trigger the VVT.

Not that i'm recommending you go balls out if the car's running like crap.

Last edited by speddmn; 07-23-2010 at 09:27 AM..