View Single Post
#2: 07-22-2010, 12:32 PM

I 5EAT Turkey Clubs
Title: Senior Member
Car: 05 Legacy GT Ltd. 5EAT & a Hot Dog Cart
Send a private message to I 5EAT Turkey Clubs Find all posts by I 5EAT Turkey Clubs Reply With Quote
OK I got this same code the other day. I was at the dealer for unrelated issues. The service tech told me that my car was about 1/2 quart low on oil. Not sure how because I always check it. Anyways the guy told me they went ahead and put a half quart of oil in (they had done this already- without asking me if I wanted them to) and I said "ya great" because I was focused on the issues at hand. I was driving into my driveway when all the sudden the CEL came back on. At first I thought that my original problemhad reared up again but the codes say P0021 and P0011. Could be my turbo but I'm praying it's not (it was acting quite normal). I did immediately realize that the dealership doesn't use fully synthetic oil which my car has been running for many miles now. Could that create the problem I'm experiencing if I really didn't drive it all that far? I will follow the steps above as well as in the link to see if that's the problem. I have also read it could be a belt issue and my serpentine does seem to be making louder than normal noises. Any help is appreciated.