View Single Post
#15: 08-06-2004, 07:46 AM

Dr. Zevil
Title: <edited for content>
Car: 05 GT wagon
Send a private message to Dr. Zevil Find all posts by Dr. Zevil Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zevil
I am not even going to start in this "debate", but I do believe that if the length of throws are shorter, then the car will shift faster and the power will reach the ground quicker. Assuming that the tranny isn't the limiting factor.. and I don't think that it is. Seems less of a limiting factor than the WRX tranny. The GT's extra synchro really seems to help that out a lot.
No. It can't happen. The short throw just changes the length of the lever throw. It alters the transmission not an iota, so the car cannot physically shift faster, as that would mean the transmission would have to speed up, which would make the short shifter not only a feel mod, but magical.

Think about it for just a second...

Kevin
Not saying that it's not for feel, but you should think about it... the faster you get the car into gear and don't have your foot on the clutch, the quicker the car will be. Perhaps we are just thinking about it in different light. I am having a hard time understanding why you don't think that the shifting time between gears doesn't effect performance. Enlighten me.