LegacyGT.com

Official Timeslip and Fastest LGT (1/4 mile)

rao

Other supporting modifications: AP Stage 2 (with larger restrictor pill so I don't overboost), MR TBE, 225/40/18 Nitto NeoGens on 18x8 OZ Alleggerita Rims, Perrin STS/bushings, BC Coilovers, a few hrs (cumulative) drag racing on NFS Prostreet (Wii)

Good job. I don't usually find humor in mods, but I like yours. :lol:;)

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6/5/2010

Fontana Speedway

99-100 degrees F

60' 1.9

1/8th 8.8

1/4 13.6 @ 105.6

2005 LGT MT UnL

INFAMOUS TUNED

VF39, CNT/ERZ Catted DP, Gimmick Catback + resonator, M2 Up, Meng UELH, RacerX FMIC, Exedy LWFW, Exedy Stage 1 clutch, K&N Intake, dba4000 rotors, hawk hps brakes

EDIT: Stock fueling 91 octane oxygenated craptacular fuel.

When I get a stock fuel run of 13.3 or lower I will post the exact times to thousandths and a time slip. Till then - why bother, my car is still faster than it's driver :lol:

Edited by LosAngelesLGT

6/5/2010

60' 1.9

SAY WHAT???!!!

But you are mistaken. I know it is painful to hear. It was hard for me to process at first that a proper 60ft is 1.6 (yes at stage 1) and beyond stage 1 good is under 1.5

Don't get huffy and defensive, learn to launch your car better. I am sure more than one of us will bring you a 1.6 slip from this weekend. I am not sure that will be ME! :lol:

BTW, if you scroll back to post #20 in this thread you can see how my stock turbo, stock tire, stock suspension, stock clutch, stage I car compares. Clearly I need to attend the LALGT school of launching;)

^I cut 1.8 - but not in 100+ degree weather. Miss the part that I was running 91 octane? You hit 98mph? Thats like hitting the brakes at the 8th :redface:

My trap speed lets you know how much faster my LGT is than the driver is:lol: OBVIOUSLY A DRIVER ISSUE IN MY CASE. Maybe you DO need to go to LALGT school:p

Or at least come launch my car for me at Fontana in 100 degree weather!

^I cut 1.8 - but not in 100+ degree weather. Miss the part that I was running 91 octane? You hit 98mph? Thats like hitting the brakes at the 8th :redface:

My trap speed lets you know how much faster my LGT is than the driver is:lol: OBVIOUSLY A DRIVER ISSUE IN MY CASE. Maybe you DO need to go to LALGT school:p

Or at least come launch my car for me at Fontana in 100 degree weather!

Clearly you've forgotten what the top-end of the stock turbo is like:) Yeah, you have the heat, but my altitude doesn't help. I'll be back in OC in August for a week. I'll try to get out there, but no, I will not be launching anyones car;)

whats the best RPM to shift at with a stage 2.5 tune? I normally don't do much drag racing but went to the strip Friday night and was barely trapping 100 mph with a 14.0 E/T. :( The conditions were terrible.. 100% humidity and the track is slightly uphill for the last 1/8th. I am on the stock clutch so I am not really launching the car and got a 2.0 60'

whats the best RPM to shift at with a stage 2.5 tune? I normally don't do much drag racing but went to the strip Friday night and was barely trapping 100 mph with a 14.0 E/T. :( The conditions were terrible.. 100% humidity and the track is slightly uphill for the last 1/8th. I am on the stock clutch so I am not really launching the car and got a 2.0 60'

Thats a good trap speed for stage 2 so high 13s would be possible with a 1.8-1.9 60' and very smooth shifting.

I would guess that you should run 1st to 6500+, 2nd to 6000+ and 3rd 6000 as long as you are maintaining RPM and "launching" into second otherwise run the gear all the way out because making the run MORE technical rarely makes a novice faster (we are all novice if we are not semi-pro or pro).

Lets not kid outselves, winding out a vf40/46 is not going to gain much speed.

I am hoping you can cut at least .2 if you can stay in boost from gear to gear and launch a just a little quicker.

The only way to technically "stay in boost from gear to gear" is a flat foot shift or a properly set up BOV (venting 50/50).

Stock turbos and even that VF-39 you run fall flat on their faces around 5500rpm. Run 1st to the top and shift around 5500-6. You are losing power after 5500rpm. You are going to trap in 4th no matter what. There are no extra shifts involved.

Your 60ft at 1.9 is not too bad for Fontana and a 5spd. Most 5spds hit 1.75-1.78 on the low end at AAA. You are not going to get much faster. It is not about the car being faster than the driver, lol. It is about tires and shifts now. Remember you are still on stock fuel and 91craptacular. 13.3 should be a goal. Not going to get lower on your set up.

Franz for a 2.0 60ft and 100% humidity you are fine. In better weather with that 60ft you might be at 13.8. Trapping 100 is great in a stage 2.

Biz run on e85 (stock turbo) is rather impressive. If he was driving your car Max he would have destroyed your time. He is at 2300ft and launched the hell out of that car, then kept it moving.

Edited by m sprank

^60' 1.9 was my best launch there so far. Hard to imagine cutting a 1.7 at Fontana but I am sure it could be done (maybe not by me on my 13lb lightweight flywheel which I suspect would be a non-issue on e85)

1.8 was my best at Irwindale (AT NIGHT) with a 8.4 flat 8th mile @ 86 but I did not reproduce those numbers at Fontana, thats for sure. 8.8 vs 8.4 8th?

If I could reproduce that .4 at Fontana thats a 13.1-13.3 right there.

Biz run on E85 is SUPER impressive - particularly with the sub-100 trap speed. That car was not going to scoot any faster than his crazy run. If he was driving my car, not only would he have destroyed my time, maybe I would have gotten that 12.9-13 flat I really want :lol:

BTW MSPRANK, I can't wait to see YOUR car run at Fontana... Hell, I might not even run that day just so I can film it personally:wub:

(I bet your car could gentle start 2.4 60' and still run 12 flat:p)

Edited by LosAngelesLGT

Irwindale was cooler. Did they have a water box? No way to avoid the whole box at Fontana, always get a little wet.

With the heat, water, and fact that the damn track is uphill, mid 13's is good. You will not reproduce Irwindale at Fontana until it cools down. 13.1 might never happen. 13.3 would be a best with 13.5 all day. I would be happy with that on your set up.

No ****ing way am I running Fontana on street tires ever again (in the SpecB). with the 16g I expect the 5EAT to be 13.5 all day. But with the Spec, tire spin is ungodly and just destroys tires, lol. With the new set up and some cheater slicks I hope to hit low 12's. It is Fontana and I am NOT trying to lay claim to the fastest LGT. My snail is not that big and who knows what the block can take. Its not even re-tuned yet, hell the intake manifold is still on the shelf, lol. But I bet I can roll off the line and hit a 13 thats for sure.

You guys have me curious what i would run out here (Haven't dragged since moving from Ohio). I might have to go on a trek with you guys one day. Tell me one thing. Do you guys get alot of runs? I'm used to getting 8-10 runs for $15bux. I'm all bout the runs/dollar value :D

When I lived in Ohio my best run at KilKare speedway was:

13.4 @ 101.4mph

60ft 1.8252

1/8 8.6280 @ 81.24mph

Mods at the time.

MR Downpipe

ERZ UP

Cobb AP OTS Stg 2 map

ACT street/strip disc/HD Plate/LWFW

MR Coilovers 6/8 spring rates

18x8 SSR Comps with BFG KD tires (225/40/18)

I don't think sways, and strut bars would matter so I won't post those.

The rest of the night was 13.5s @ 100-101

Edited by Saul_Good

^ come to Irwindale any Thursday or to Fontana in July (if you want to run slow - in july you won't break into 13s at all in Fontana). PM me and I will give you my number. I find myself in 'Pedro fairly often.

EDIT: did I mention that I gave up on being fast at the end of the day and worked on my R/T? Got a T/slip with a R/T .001!!! :lol:

Edited by LosAngelesLGT

• 1 month later...

dr_sharp

06/02/2010

San Antonio Raceway

1000 ft. (complete guess)

80°F

6MT

Stock Turbo

93 Octane

No Water Injection

No Nitrous

Stock RE050a at 30-32psi

ERZ Catted DP, Stage 2 Awdtuning tune, Kartboy short shifter and front stay bushing, Bilstein HDs with Tein H-Techs, Magnaflow CBE, Weight reduction (approximately 250lbs lighter than stock).

537607348_2010-07-1218_18_23.jpg.7f01726644bf0c569d27dbec9dfd6c4b.jpg

lol

Shocker GT

07/17/2010

60' time: 1.824

1/4 mile time: 13.224

trap speed: 101.02

track: Bradenton Motorsports Park

elevation: 19 feet

temperature: 86F with 70% humidity

5MT

VF40

93 Octane

Water Injection: no

Nitrous: no

Tires/inflation pressure: 34psi

Other supporting modifications: Cobb catless DP, Greddy SP2 Exhaust, Cobb OTS Stage 2, STi UP

I really need a bigger turbo, the VF40 just dies out too much in 4th gear. A tune will get me close to 12s though.

13.2pass.jpg.b75f7f0d1de62f5b6aed1f5f259f9c24.jpg

Edited by ShockerGT

^60' 1.9 was my best launch there so far. Hard to imagine cutting a 1.7 at Fontana but I am sure it could be done (maybe not by me on my 13lb lightweight flywheel which I suspect would be a non-issue on e85)

1.8 was my best at Irwindale (AT NIGHT) with a 8.4 flat 8th mile @ 86 but I did not reproduce those numbers at Fontana, thats for sure. 8.8 vs 8.4 8th?

If I could reproduce that .4 at Fontana thats a 13.1-13.3 right there.

Biz run on E85 is SUPER impressive - particularly with the sub-100 trap speed. That car was not going to scoot any faster than his crazy run. If he was driving my car, not only would he have destroyed my time, maybe I would have gotten that 12.9-13 flat I really want :lol:

BTW MSPRANK, I can't wait to see YOUR car run at Fontana... Hell, I might not even run that day just so I can film it personally:wub:

(I bet your car could gentle start 2.4 60' and still run 12 flat:p)

bleh, bring your car up here... cool temps, almost at sea level. You have more mods than I did on my 5EAT... I see 12's in your future sir. ;)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Was looking for some references on the 'fastest' 0-60 times and the mods needed and thought I would share some of the findings from this thread. The formula I use is not exact, but certainly within +/-0.2 sec. I think the times are high estimates for the actual times, but at least its a starting point for conversation.

wichitalegacy MT = ~4.18 sec (VERY NICE)

Tomcat 3.6L MT = ~4.41 sec

And my primary interest was in the 5EATs and it looks like...

AKLGT (f/k/a trdvibe) 5EAT = ~5.01 sec

Here is the calculation I used, stole it from an automotive physics book of my brothers. Specific to 1/4 mile. Will not work with 1/8 or anything else without changing the divisor to a number unknown to me.

( ET / MPH ) / 1.46 = Y then you take Y * 60 = Approx. 0-60 Time

Was looking on google for a similar formula and found the same one on a Dodge site, but the guy claims he developed it :spin:

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f27/66659-0-60-mph-calculator-1-4-a.html

Here are some examples I pulled from the Dodge site for comparison and accuracy questions...

1999 Mustang GT Convertible (Auto)

Motor Trend Test Results:

0-60 (sec): 6.2

1/4 Mile (sec/mph): 14.6/95.4

Formula result 6.38

----------------

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning (Auto)

0-60 (sec): 5.5

1/4 Mile (sec/mph): 14.0/100.7

Formula result = 5.7

------------------------

1999 Pontiac Trans Am (Manual)

0-60 (sec): 5.3

1/4 Mile (sec/mph): 13.9/104.0

Formula result 5.49

Obviously with our cars typically dying on the top end and this formula placing a lot of weight in that area your times are probably faster by at most 0.5 tenths. If anyone has a better calculator or formula I am very interested as we have so many members with amazing cars.

Here is another common one, but you would need an accurate crank horsepower estimate and the weight with you and your modifications of the car. Even then it is not that great

http://www.060calculator.com/

Based on this you would have these types of results...

From Cars101.com and Car and Driver ( http://www.caranddriver.com/features/09q1/the_quickest_cars_of_2009_25_000_to_30_000-feature )

2009 Subaru Legacy GT w/ MT

Stock Crank HP = 243hp

Curb Weight LBS = 3428

Tested 0-60 from C/D = 5.3 seconds

'Trusted' Edmunds Calculator Says = 5.83 :lol:

I like the book one better, but overall just thought it was interesting to put some of these times in perspective.

Edited by cholmes1
Calculation Issue

• 1 month later...

User name-TRSCobra

June 3rd, 2011

60' time-1.874

1/4 mile time-12.672

trap speed-112.33

track-Bremerton Raceway

elevation-480ft

temperature-70 degrees

year of car-2005

transmission-mt

turbo-Blouch 20G-XT 8cm

octane of gas used- 92

Water Injection- no

Nitrous- no

Tires/inflation pressure- Conti ExtremeContact DWS, factory recommended pressure

Other supporting modifications-

EFI Logics Stage 1 EJ257 Shortblock (99.5mm forged pistons)

Cobb AP v2 with EFI Logics tune

70mm Cobb SF intake/box

GMS inlet

Grimmspeed TGV deletes, AOS, and EBCS

RacerX FMIC

Perrin BPV

AVO 245lph Fuel pump

DW740cc injectors

NGK LFR7AIX plugs

Perrin ELH

TurboXS UP

Cobb catted DP w/Race Ready electronic cutout welded in 12" after bellmouth

stock catback

Spec Stage 2+ clutch

OEM 06-07 WRX flywheel

Tranquil TSK3

Rallitek shifter bushings

Cobb springs on stock struts

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/TRSCobra/126-1.jpg

Edited by TRSCobra
Forgot some parts!

I never posted this because I was pretty disgusted after I raced that day. I get terrible heat soak, pulled timing, and power loss around 109mph every single run... so I can run great 1/8' times/traps but my 1/4' times don't look as good as they should. Still, I like how I'm running quicker than a lot of guys running FMIC's with built engines at low altitudes. I've got E85 on my side to help combat 5860' track altitude. My mods are simple, stock block, stock headers, stock location TMIC and thing screams to 1/8 mile (sub 8.0 at 89mph is moving!) but chokes up top. Heatsoak! Think it would have 12.2x @ 113-114mph if I didn't lose power every run with 100' to go. Also, my setup shows that 20g's don't have anything over the bolt-on BNR68 up top where it counts on the track.

User name - Legend

April 20th, 2011

60' time-1.780

1/8 mile time - 7.986

1/8 mile trap - 89.08

1/4 mile time-12.435

trap speed-111.19

track-Bandimere Speedway

elevation-5860'

temperature-47 degrees

year of car-2005

transmission-mt

turbo-BNR68 8cm

octane of gas used- E85

Water Injection- no

Nitrous- no

Tires/inflation pressure- 18" Conti ExtremeContact DW, 44r 38f

Other supporting modifications-

Stock block, stock headers, stock location TMIC, 77k miles

Self tune, romraider

70mm Cobb SF intake/box

Grimmspeed EBCS

AVO 245lph Fuel pump

PE850cc injectors

Titek UP

Perrin catted DP

Perrin TMIC

SPT cbe

ACT clutch

OEM 06-07 WRX flywheel

http://beeez.com/lgt/1243at111.jpg

My '05 LGT

Great 60'

Wicked fast 1/8th

Heatsoak, heatschmoke... Thats at practially 6k feet! I like to play in the mountains 5k to 7k but live at sea-level so I get it... Thats plenty wow to me.

Thanks. That was actually my best 60'... Typically I'm around 1.82-1.92. Funny thing is those were brand new 18" summer tires and I've run that strip with this car maybe 50 times and never bested a 1.80. I can't run the 1/4 any more because I will blow the engine. TMIC. The power loss and knock (I've logged it) around 11.5 seconds into the run is really harsh. Only gained 22mph on the back half. :lol:

TRSCobra - What car did you race? 28mph on the back half tells me that that guy's car has probably seen high 11's before. Did you delete a post? Thought I saw something about 6mph gain with an exhaust cut-out??

My '05 LGT

^^^ I posted in the 1/4 time discussion thread. The car on the left was a 99 dodge viper.

My first run of the day (and 2 years) was a 13.8 @ 106 with the cutout closed. I bogged the launch and had a horrible 2.23 60' on that run, though.

Was looking for some references on the 'fastest' 0-60 times and the mods needed and thought I would share some of the findings from this thread. The formula I use is not exact, but certainly within +/-0.2 sec. I think the times are high estimates for the actual times, but at least its a starting point for conversation.

wichitalegacy MT = ~4.18 sec (VERY NICE)

Tomcat 3.6L MT = ~4.41 sec

And my primary interest was in the 5EATs and it looks like...

AKLGT (f/k/a trdvibe) 5EAT = ~5.01 sec

Here is the calculation I used, stole it from an automotive physics book of my brothers. Specific to 1/4 mile. Will not work with 1/8 or anything else without changing the divisor to a number unknown to me.

( ET / MPH ) / 1.46 = Y then you take Y * 60 = Approx. 0-60 Time

Was looking on google for a similar formula and found the same one on a Dodge site, but the guy claims he developed it :spin:

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f1/f27/66659-0-60-mph-calculator-1-4-a.html

Here are some examples I pulled from the Dodge site for comparison and accuracy questions...

1999 Mustang GT Convertible (Auto)

0-60 (sec): 6.2

1/4 Mile (sec/mph): 14.6/95.4

Formula result 6.38

----------------

1999 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning (Auto)

0-60 (sec): 5.5

1/4 Mile (sec/mph): 14.0/100.7

Formula result = 5.7

------------------------

1999 Pontiac Trans Am (Manual)

0-60 (sec): 5.3

1/4 Mile (sec/mph): 13.9/104.0

Formula result 5.49

Obviously with our cars typically dying on the top end and this formula placing a lot of weight in that area your times are probably faster by at most 0.5 tenths. If anyone has a better calculator or formula I am very interested as we have so many members with amazing cars.

Here is another common one, but you would need an accurate crank horsepower estimate and the weight with you and your modifications of the car. Even then it is not that great

http://www.060calculator.com/

Based on this you would have these types of results...

From Cars101.com and Car and Driver ( http://www.caranddriver.com/features/09q1/the_quickest_cars_of_2009_25_000_to_30_000-feature )

2009 Subaru Legacy GT w/ MT

Stock Crank HP = 243hp

Curb Weight LBS = 3428

Tested 0-60 from C/D = 5.3 seconds

'Trusted' Edmunds Calculator Says = 5.83 :lol:

I like the book one better, but overall just thought it was interesting to put some of these times in perspective.

was that stock, stage 2 or with the STI conversion?

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!