View Single Post
#1: 07-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Issues after Turbo install

Gravet
Title: Senior Member
Car: 06 LGT
Send a private message to Gravet Find all posts by Gravet Reply With Quote
Finished up my BNR 18g turbo install and I'm experiencing some problems come startup.

Installed:
BNR 18g Turbo
650 Injectors
DIY 73 mm air intake
one step colder plugs
Perrin TMIC
Currently have Infamous' base tune flashed
Used 08 STI fuel pump

The car turns over and starts. After a few touches at 1000 rpms it sputters to a stop. I can give it throttle at initial startup and reached 2200-2500 rpms but then instantly sputters and stops. It seems to be having a real problem holding idle. To me this seems like a fuel issue.

Here are two things I ran into during the install that may or may not be part of the problem.

My injectors don't seem to seat as "deep" as the stockers. They're sealed and the car does fire and run. I'm seeing no leaking around them. I did a little research on this site and numerous users simply pushed them in as far as possible then utilized the bracket to seal them. Just a thought but I don't think it's an issue.

The fuel pump is what I think may be the issue. It's a used pump from an unknown seller. I actually installed the pump last week and have been driving on it since them (prior to my turbo install). I did notice a little sputtering under idle during my week before the big install (completed yesterday).

I may have answered my own question and it is the fuel pump but I was hoping for a few more thoughts. I was holding off talking to infamous because I highly doubt it has anything to do with it.

I'm going to put my old stock pump back in to see if it fixes the problem. I'll then order a Wal if it's the solution.

Whatdaya thing?
Sponsored links