View Single Post
#13: 09-20-2005, 09:14 PM

Brady
Title: Banned (ORLY? YARLY!)
Car: 2005 Legacy GT, Garnet Red! Not Maroon!!
Send a private message to Brady Find all posts by Brady Reply With Quote
I'll get back to updating tomorrow or Friday. I WANT to do more suspension, I want to learn more about suspension, but let's be honest - Suspensions are more of a mystery than power. It's never been as popular to change suspension bits. That's changing a bit with cars coming standard with more power. Also, on the LGT, it's much easier to upgrade power. You have to have ZERO knowledge to get a bunch of power with a tune (AP, ECUTek, whatever) and you don't have to know a whole lot unless you're looking to make mad power. But suspension work, it's hard to know where to start since no one ever says "Dude, I totally increased my skidpad by .15 G's, My slalom speed is up 1.8 mph, and last weekend ... you won't believe me ... I corner balanced the car to perfect distribution." Well, unless it's Keefe.

Furthermore, this is america where people only care about how fast they can go in a straight line. Suspension is a total afterthought. But I'm learning slowly, and then I'll be able to add more to the section.