Thread: isc coilovers
View Single Post
#14: 05-13-2010, 01:14 PM

GTLEGACY007
Title: Contributor
Car: 05 GT Limited OBP Infamous Stg. 2
Send a private message to GTLEGACY007 Find all posts by GTLEGACY007 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobey457 View Post
Just got done installing mine (street comfort), having some binding / twisting springy metallic BOING noises coming mostly from the front. I know that sounds odd, but it's the only way I can describe it right now. From talking to Andrew at AJW he said the top hat nuts are on super tight from the factory, so I have to loosen those. Also wondering if my preload is maybe a bit on the loose side, which maybe adding to the noise factor. Hoping once those areas are addressed the noise will go away... if not these coilovers will need to find a new home.

Just by throwing numbers down and guessing while setting up my coilovers, somehow I got my coils set so that my ride height F/R is even at about 1 3/4" fender gap on the first shot. I was shocked that I got them even, and that close. Car looks 100% better, but I want about a 1" - 1 1/4" gap so I will have to adjust my ride height more tomorrow.

Didn't get to drive it too much, and the noises made me think it might be better to wait and push them once I get the noise fixed... but my initial thoughts are that the ride quality feels good, body roll is reduced, and the steering wheel just feels more alive and connected.

Once I get the noises fixed, the ride height adjusted, and some seat time I will post up my review and pics.
Got these coilover on order myself, very interested to know what's causing this and if you resolve it.