View Single Post
#1: 02-27-2010, 11:34 AM
road salt coming thru back door fixed window seal

lilgrinch
Title: Member
Car: 2013 Legacy Sport
Send a private message to lilgrinch Find all posts by lilgrinch Reply With Quote
Hey people, I just bought a 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5. in November 09. I have noticed a white residue that I determined to be road salt forming on the inside bottom of the rear doors' fixed windows. When I took it for a service, I asked the service mngr to check it out. He said it was the first time he has heard of such problem. When I came back to pick it up, he said he did not notice anything. I took him to the car and showed him and he said he would order a new window and would contact me when it came in. 2 weeks went by so I called him back and he said he hasn't seen it yet. I called Subaru Customer service in New Jersey and asked if there was a known problem. After going over the problem with him, he said he would contact the dealer. He got back with me and said if the dealer replaced the windows they would not be able to get reimbursed thru Subaru due to the fact that the windows were not broken or defective. I was told the dealer would contact me the next day for a possible solution. The SM called me and said basically what the rep said. He told me the regional rep would contact me.(1 week ago) I asked for the regional rep's name and e-mail and he refused to give it to me. I haven't heard anything back yet and I am getting frustrated. Anybody else having these issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	subaru win pics.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	80934   Click image for larger version

Name:	subaru win pics 1.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	80935   Click image for larger version

Name:	subaru win pics 2.jpg
Views:	484