View Single Post
#34: 02-21-2010, 07:48 PM

TheWeatherWarrior
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: WTB: LGT, Outback, Forester 1997-2003.
Send a private message to TheWeatherWarrior Find all posts by TheWeatherWarrior Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98LGTLover View Post
It's winter so gas mileage should be expected to be lower. I'm getting about 20 mpg and I do about 80% city. During the summer, driving the same routes, I get 23-25 mpg. And straight highway I get about 28 mpg.
Well, that's about what they are rated 22/28. Mine has been much less, more like 17/23 at best. During the snow it was down to 9-10mpg. I've already posted about this, especially after being shocked by it back in December. Still no answers, although I'm going to check the exhaust system & cat. conv., after that the only thing is to consider pulling the motor apart, or just selling the car for a better mpg car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohctapost View Post
I've got 107K on my 97 GT.

Just thought I'd add this story in here..

I went to Napa the other day and i was wearing my subaru shirt for work and she tells me shes got a 99 Leggy GT and she HATES it because the dealer didnt even look over the car and it needed so much work.
She bought it for 9,000...after taxes and all that it came to almost 14,000..
the car had 250K on it..+ all the work that it needed thousands of dollars later
SUCH A BAD DEAL!
Damn...she got screwed/ripped off. I think the 99 LGT only book for around $6000 with around 100k-150k miles. OBs do get a little more due to demand, but not much.