View Single Post
#6: 02-21-2010, 10:21 AM

Underdog
Title: Wrench for Hire
Car: GRP '06 LGT/5MT; DBM '09 OBXT/5MT
Send a private message to Underdog Find all posts by Underdog Reply With Quote
GTTuner: The sprockets are not the same unfortunately... The passenger side and the driver side are not in the same plane because of the offset of the cylinders. As a result the passenger side sprockets are "behind" the mating surface of the camshaft, and the driver side are in front. Hard to explain.... see the pic below.

Thanks for the feedback guys... I guess I'll just have to replace the sprocket while I'm in there.

To answer mwiener2's question from my rebuild thread, I have pinned out the engine harness between the main connector and the OCV connector and everything was well within spec. I should still check between the ECU and the main connector, but if there was an open or short in the circuitry it should be giving me a P2092 or P2093 code. Also, logging duty cycle and amperage to the OCV shows that it is drawing current.

Let's see... I rebuilt the motor at 60,900mi, changed the oil after the first 30 mins of idle/warmup, changed the oil twice as part of diagnosing this problem, and am changing it again at 61,800mi due to removing the valve cover and installing the STi gauge pack. So on average that's a 250mi OCI using Castrol GTX 5W-30.

underdog2457@gmail.com
857-600-2457

Last edited by Underdog; 02-21-2010 at 10:25 AM..