View Single Post
#8: 02-17-2010, 12:44 PM

PartyWagon
Title: Internet Zombie
Car: No more wagon :'(
Send a private message to PartyWagon Find all posts by PartyWagon Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocuS View Post
SVXs' are fun and different but indeed costly to maintain. Great weight balance and driving experience but wouldn't you rather build something more useful....like a drag specific monster...?
I don't know, Ben...you've already proven to me that having a drag-specific monster is a very costly idea. Just the towing & impound fees alone would give me heartburn.

I really just want a second car I can take around and appreciate for it's near-stock goodness. And if you haven't driven an SVX then I suggest you do, they're actually pretty fun. Low center of gravity, a flat 6 that gives you a good powerband to play with, and the unique look of a stylishly different car...and it's still a Subaru! It'd be my "I want to go incognito today" car, since my wagon is loud and only going to get louder at Stage 2. By leaving the SVX nearly stock all I have to do is worry about upkeep, not about mods & such like I have with the LGT. If one breaks down or is being repaired and I need to go somewhere the other car would be ready to go.

I'm not 100% sold on the SVX yet, just wish I could get my hands on a car that has a special misfit style (like myself) or some other fun second car (most likely another Subaru) without shelling out much green. Seeing as I can get an SVX for under $3k I'd be set for whatever it needed to get into shape for occasional driving.

An added bonus would be that I can go the wheel whore route like HLS and start swapping out wheels between my own cars. As long as they are both 5x100 & 5x114 fitments (offset is about the same) I'm good. And that's what I've been shopping for, wheels.