View Single Post
#8: 02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Title: Internet Zombie
Car: No more wagon :'(
Send a private message to PartyWagon Find all posts by PartyWagon Reply With Quote
Originally Posted by FocuS View Post
SVXs' are fun and different but indeed costly to maintain. Great weight balance and driving experience but wouldn't you rather build something more a drag specific monster...?
I don't know,'ve already proven to me that having a drag-specific monster is a very costly idea. Just the towing & impound fees alone would give me heartburn.

I really just want a second car I can take around and appreciate for it's near-stock goodness. And if you haven't driven an SVX then I suggest you do, they're actually pretty fun. Low center of gravity, a flat 6 that gives you a good powerband to play with, and the unique look of a stylishly different car...and it's still a Subaru! It'd be my "I want to go incognito today" car, since my wagon is loud and only going to get louder at Stage 2. By leaving the SVX nearly stock all I have to do is worry about upkeep, not about mods & such like I have with the LGT. If one breaks down or is being repaired and I need to go somewhere the other car would be ready to go.

I'm not 100% sold on the SVX yet, just wish I could get my hands on a car that has a special misfit style (like myself) or some other fun second car (most likely another Subaru) without shelling out much green. Seeing as I can get an SVX for under $3k I'd be set for whatever it needed to get into shape for occasional driving.

An added bonus would be that I can go the wheel whore route like HLS and start swapping out wheels between my own cars. As long as they are both 5x100 & 5x114 fitments (offset is about the same) I'm good. And that's what I've been shopping for, wheels.
Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.