View Single Post
#2: 02-13-2010, 11:59 PM

itsme
Title: Vendor II
Car: '05 5mt 20G EWG wagon 370+whp E85
Send a private message to itsme Find all posts by itsme Reply With Quote
Now the pass. side You will need this 2.25" pipe and the 2.5" to 2.25" coupler along with a 75/67 and 68/60 t-clamp. You will send this pipe from the bottom also.

With the latest update the install changes a bit. All you need to do is bend up or remove the tab that holds the wire harness below the radiator . Once you do that the pipe will go up inside your tow hook. You need to move the electric fan plug from the back of the shroud for more pipe clearance.
It should look like this from the top.
Now you will need this 2" pipe and a 2.25" to 2" coupler and a 68/60 and 54/62 t-clamp. This pipe you can feed from the firewall back to the front of the car. We didn't even have to take off the K&N heat shield to install. It's kind of hard to see. But, if you look closely the little silver pipe in the lower right corner of the picture is the IC piping and the left of the picture is the end of the pipe sticking up. Also you can see the turbo adapter. You can get a common 2" exhaust gasket or gasket paper and make a gasket and use gasket maker. Now get the 2" 110 deg. elbow and connect the turbo flange to the IC piping. You will need 2x2" couplers and 4x 62/54 t-clamp. Here are more pictures off it installed.

Now to install your BOV. The flange is not threaded because Aluminum is soft and could strip. Just use a nut and bolts. We use lock nuts on Mike's car GFB hybrid BOV. You have to take off the bolt that holds the BOV return hose to let the hose meet up with the BOV.

For the core mounting. I reinforeced heater hose and cut it in have a groumet for the IC. I put one on the brace behind the core. and then the 2 place where the tanks just touch the back off the bumper on each side. . When you tighten the bumper bolts the rubber hold the core in place. That's it. When you put on the bumper skin you may have to trim the bumper skin about a 3/4" in the opening to clear the IC couplers. Here is Mike's '08 Spec B. with my FMIC install and the skin and fogs on.

This is the install using the LGT style turbo and this is the parts that were used.

Last edited by itsme; 09-24-2013 at 07:51 PM..